1.Friendly, family welcoming small congregation. 1a. New Samoan larger congregation encompasses all ages.
2. At Jamison Uniting Church ( a heritage building), you can feel the power of the holy spirit as you worship and stand within the building...services are traditional, but the church is open during the week and used by the community as a place of prayer, worship, and for additional services e.g. naming, farewelling the deceased privately within the building, weddings, baptisms.
3. Jamison Uniting is a small welcoming church utilising the services of many differing ministers and lay preachers for services and on other occasions, and wanting to grow. The church uses traditional hymns, but is not opposed to change. There is a bus stop outside the church with hourly services on Sunday, and there is adequate parking off street.
3a. Samoan service taken by Rev. Nofo Onemeso is supported by two other trained ministers; and is mainly taken in Samoan...a musical team of young folk support the service- children are catered for.
4. Two services are held on Sunday -9am morning prayer; communion first Sunday of the month; with a following Morning tea; 11am Samoan Service
5. A rotating ministry team provides the 9am service.
6. Membership is granted by request or suggestion by the current members. Information is given on the basis of union of Uniting Church. The main involvement can be through the Op shop which is held on the premises on a weekly basis. The Op Shop is Centrelink approved.
7. The mission outreach of the church is the Op Shop.
The church provides fellowship, and a place for the needy.. and provides support and a listening ear at times other than church services.
8. The church was originally a Uniting Sunday School -1889-for the Protestant people of Jamisontown under a board of directors until 1981, when it was given to the Uniting Church. It is a historical building and an ideal venue for weddings, baptisms and funerals. It is in a central location in Jamisontown, with adequate parking.
9 It is used by electoral commission for voting; external weddings, funerals, viewings and quiet time as needed in grieving situations with arrangements with Nepean Valley funeral parlour. Baptisms, and private services are also held. The Op shop is a major function of this facility.
Irene Rossetto- leader 0438544552 (church phone)
3 Stuart st Jamisontown 2750
Irene Rossetto with Rev Ron BirksmithChurch Anniversary ServiceRear Window of church